This week has been rainy, which I’m totally thankful for because previously it was like 105 degrees everyday and all of our beautiful Tennessee green was becoming brown. I’ve also been sick which is kind of a bummer but there’s been time to make lists, do a lot of thinking, and a bit of reading which has been nice. I’m setting some goals for the fall and trying to enjoy my last weeks of Summer as school is right around the corner and while I’m excited to be going back I’m a little nervous, silly I know, I’ve been in college for 3 years previous to this and I’ve always made decent grades and been well-liked by my professors but as I’m going rounding out my last two or three semesters I feel a greater need to excel since taking time off, it’s probably a good thing and hopefully I can keep up these high standards for myself over the next year. But, getting back to Summer, I’ve made up a small list of things I’d like to do over the next 6 weeks before my life is filled with a more strict routine and less chill time.
- organize…everything. Get rid of clutter, downsize a little.
- take a trip to IKEA.
- donate clothes. I have some that I could part with and probably should part with.
- take one (maybe two) more roadtrips. It just seems like a good thing to do.
- develop film from the duaflex. I took photos in England with a duaflex II that belonged to my great grandmother and I can’t wait to see them!
- finish two sewing projects. I’ve already finished one!
- throw a couple of parties. A bonfire is certainly in order.
- read two books
- spend a day at lake James. It’s close to Asheville and it’s a lake that’s set up more like a beach and much cleaner than others too.
- see Moonrise Kingdom. Done.
- see to Rome with Love.
- make a budget for the Fall. I started using the envelope system for money in the spring and I need to make some adjustments.
- make a schedule for the Fall.
- try 4 new recipes. Let me know if you have suggestions!
- take Emma swimming. this isn’t on the list in the picture but I’ve added to that list since those photos were taken.
- go to the drive in one more time!
- Be Optimistic! This is a big one. I want to try my best to make the most of everything and really have a positive attitude despite some not so awesome things that have been going on.